At Crisp and Brite we know the importance that proper care and attention can make when it comes to commercial cleaning projects. Here we’ll explain the best tips for keeping your floors looking their best for years to come.
How to keep wood floors clean
Whilst they can be a classic and stylish in any room, wooden floors are notoriously difficult to keep looking their best. Dust, hair, small stones and gravel that gather in our homes every day can make wooden floor cleaning a challenge. If you aren’t at a stage where you need a commercial cleaning company such as Crisp and Brite to help you we recommend the following tips for keeping them spotless:
- Keep shoes off the floors. If you can encourage guests to remove their footwear in your home that will help to keep floors and carpets scuff and dirt free.
- Keep dust and hair accumulation to a minimum. We know it can be time consuming, but keeping the dust off the floors will prevent build up and small scratches. Invest in a microfibre, soft mop to pick up stray bits of dirt or use a suitable attachment on a vacuum cleaner. Handhelds are best for this as they don’t have trailing cables or wheels that might damage the floors finish. Mop up daily if you can.
- Ensure you use a suitable cleanser on your floors and polish every 3 months or so to keep your floors like new.
How to keep stone floors clean
Stone floors tend to be more robust than their wooden counterparts but with the added complexity of having grout edges around the tiles.
Points one and 2 are the same as the above for stone floor cleaning:
- Take off shoes wherever possible
- Try a soft mop or suitable vacuum cleaner attachment to keep dust and hair under control.
- Once the main dirt and grime has been swept away, wet mop with a suitable stone floor cleaner. Note the type of stone will mean that the cleaning solution you need may vary. Acidic products should never be used on soft stone floors as they can be damaging. Our Prochem Stoneclean product is suitable for cleaning quarry and ceramic tiles.
- Don’t forget the grout. The difference in finish between the grout and the tiles can mean you need to pay extra attention to the grout to keep it sparkling.
We hope you found our tips useful. If you aren’t sure how to begin or you don’t want to rik damaging your floors and prefer to leave it to the professionals, contact Crisp and Brite today and we can provide a quick, no obligation quotation.